Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weigh In Tuesday

177.4

I don't want to talk about it.

But I will. Because I will move past it.

I was doing good until Sunday. Saturday I was down 2 pounds from last week. I ate no carbs for breakfast and was doing fine until the party. I had chili with hotdogs, cookies and candy and ice cream and chips...

I think I let myself get too hungry and I'm craving sugar. And I did not practice enough self control. :(

Sunday, I had only eaten an orange for breakfast (I know better). We went to a restaurant who's menu was eternally long. I saw nothing on there that was going to help me stay on track while trying to order for my kids and sharing a menu. So in a hurry, I ordered something I wouldn't typically and ate all of the disappointing, oversalted plate.
When we got home, I felt like I was still hungry although the plate had plenty of food after I'd already eaten more chips and salsa than usual. I ate a no-bake.
Then we went over to friends house and I took leftover no-bakes (to get rid of them). I ended up eating SEVERAL. I am craving nuts and chocolate specifically. I KNOW that this is a sign of needing magnesium but am not taking any currently. When they served peanut m&m's, I ate some.

So looking back over Sunday, here are my thoughts on what went wrong:

I didn't make breakfast count which resulted in being too hungry and over eating.

I'm craving but not taking care of the problem.

I believe the 'hunger' I felt after eating Sunday lunch was actually thirst. I know I was really thirsty that day and did drink a lot of water, but not before eating no-bakes.

My clothes are tight. I feel terribly uncomfortable physically. Mentally I feel like a failure and emotionally I'm just nearly depressed about it. Instead of giving up, I'm trying to formulate a plan. I WILL NOT gain the weight back. I see this as a temporary problem.

It's a fresh new week and I will move on!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hang in there! You can do it.

Nettie Beard said...

Don't be depressed about it... like you said, just move on! It's a new week! I'm still so proud of you!