Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm an Abstainer

While reading this post, I realized I'm an "abstainer". I do better when I give something up completely than if I try to moderate it. Take donuts for example - I rarely eat donuts because after a while, I forget what I'm missing out on, whereas, if I eat them, I can't seem to stop.

I don't have doughnuts on my list of trigger foods for that reason. I do not eat donuts. I need to do the same with chocolate chip cookies...


Quiz: Are You an "Abstainer" or a "Moderator"?
by Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project

How about you? Which one are you?

1 comment:

Grace said...

I am a moderator. If I quit cold turkey, I will not be able to keep at it. I will give in, which will make me feel like I've "lost". Where, if I allow myself some occasionally, it's in the plan and I'm still on track. :)