Saturday, June 23, 2012

Munchies




So I discovered something today...

I was on my way home, from an hour and a half away, my daughter pulls out her little bag of Funyuns and I realize I would really like something to eat. I know I couldn't be that hungry because I'd eaten 2 small lunches earlier in the day. So I asked myself, on a scale of 1 to 10, how hungry was I. I really wasn't hungry, which got me to thinking that my munchies are probably not actually hunger, rather boredom or being tired.

Once I'd convinced myself that I wasn't actually hungry, I actually wasn't hungry. I was only wanting that good feeling we get from food because I was setting in on a one and a half hour path of boredom.

From now on, I hope that when I get the munchies, I have the presence of mind to remember to check my hunger level and talk myself out of eating.

No comments: