Friday, May 31, 2013

Veggie Muffins

I ran across the idea quite by accident. I thought I had invented something amazing but apparently others have had the same idea.

I was going to make make muffins out of one of my favorite recipes Carrot Banana Bread. I decided to cut down on the sugar a little and add a red bell pepper that needed to be used up since they are sort of sweet. The red bell pepper flavor was a little stronger than I like but I've been eating these muffins for breakfast occasionally with an apple or yogurt and have found that they are very filling and nutritious. They make for a great weight loss food!

So, I wondered what all vegetables would taste good in a muffin and upon searching the internet found that there are other such recipes that are chock full of veggies too!

This recipe is so good, I haven't tried the others! These recipes are so versatile too. You can use different combinations of veggies and add things like nuts, flaxseed, wheat germ, etc.

Power Packed Fruit and Veggie Muffins for Picky Eaters


Here are other recipes I can't wait to try:

Veggie Muffins by Dana

Magic Fruit-and-Veggie Cupcakes

Kid Friendly Veggie Muffins (made with jars of baby food)

No comments: